Views: 328 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-27 Origin: Site
In general, the candles we buy in stores are often made of potentially harmful paraffin and synthetic wicks. We can learn how to make candles with essential oils to skip the toxic chemicals in pre-made candles. Extracting natural ingredients can use aromatherapy with pure candle scent oil to double the therapeutic effect of natural scented candles.
Nowadays, homemade scented candles have great market prospects. The two most popular choices for homemade candles are soy wax and beeswax. Both waxes are non-toxic, burn slowly and last a long time. Beeswax is much denser than soybean wax, so the former lasts longer. Both waxes do not scent well, which means you must use a lot of essential oils to achieve the desired aromatherapy effect. Beeswax itself has a mild honey aroma, which feels soothing and pleasant. Moreover, you should consider the type of light to be used in the candle. Soy wax emits a blue hue, while beeswax produces a yellow hue.
The following two points require more attention: Look for non-GMO pure organic soy wax to avoid inhaling these harmful chemicals. If bees pollinate where pesticides are sprayed, beeswax may be contaminated. You can ask the beekeeper to find pure organic beeswax.
Adding your favorite essential oils to homemade candles is a convenient way to get the benefits of aromatherapy. The essential oil you choose should match the atmosphere you want to create. Essential oils can be used to relieve anxiety, enhance concentration or just regulate on special occasions. Here are some of the more popular essential oils.
Lavender scented candle is a very popular kind. It has the effect of calming and relieving. It can release the pressure on people's nerves and can also prevent being bitten by mosquitoes. Lemon scented candle can keep people awake, improve people's immunity, and help resist infectious diseases.
Camomile can balance the mind and body and soothe people's emotions. It is very suitable for children and pregnant women. Citrus odors such as lemon, orange and grapefruit are great choices to increase this fresh and clean feeling. You may even want to light orange scented candles in the shower after a workout. Essential oil candle making is simple and affordable. It is a small gift that brings out the festive atmosphere. Add cedar wood, it will exude a strong rural atmosphere. The pine scented candle and vanilla candle are also classic holiday options. Christmas scented candle is also popular.
Tools/materials for autonomous scented candles
This mainly includes soybean wax, beeswax, candle wicks, aromatherapy essential oils, induction cooker + pot, positioning clips, scissors and stirring tools (can also be replaced with ordinary chopsticks).
1. Melt wax. Put beeswax in a heat-resistant container to heat in water. If you want the candle to have some color, you can put some crayon shavings at this time to dye it.
2. Add core. After fixing the lamp core with tape to the bottom of the model or carton or paper cup, straighten the lamp core and roll the other end of the lamp core on the chopsticks, and put the chopsticks on the model or carton or paper cup.
3. Fill cups and add fragrance. Slowly pour the melted beeswax into the model, carton, paper cup, and wait until the thin white around, add 10~20 drops of your favorite fragrant oil.
4. After the beeswax has completely solidified and the temperature has cooled down, remove it from the model or carton or paper cup and reduce the lamp core to an appropriate length.
5. Decorative embellishment. Decorate with dried flowers, peels, branches, etc.